Photo: taken 1972 when I was a senior in high school representing a pageant and was visiting Secretary of State Ludlow Kramer’s office in that capacity. Ted Bundy was working with Ludlow Kramer during his re-election campaign assisting with strategy during the year 1972 and this fact had never been released to the public when I was coming forward. I had been telling the authorities and Ann Rule that Bundy had been calling me in high school [his parents lived near where my father lived] and that he knew I was coming to Ludlow Kramer’s office as he worked there. They told me I was making all of it up when they KNEW conclusively behind the scenes as they’d hidden the information that I was telling the truth about him working there. It proved all along that my experiences and memories were lining up directly to hard cold facts behind the scenes which were NOT in the public eye yet. But it contradicted their public story and the fact that the officials were being dishonest. I never knew that my memories were lining up until the records were finally released to me in 2014 and 2015 after decades of coming forward and being ridiculed by Rule, Keppel, Michaud [in programs with Keppel] and others of that inner circle. They were using media connections to try and discredit me and ridicule me without directly naming me – a form of intimidation. Keppel behind the scenes even threatened to “refute” me if I ever dared step into the media spotlight. But he had much to hide and until I got the records, I had no way to defend myself. Now the truth can come out. Now I can defend myself.
Bundy started working with Ludlow much sooner than the fall of 1972 as officials later claimed and had been affiliated with Republican politics as far back as 1968. It is verified by his testimony in the Rosellini investigation papers and it is verified by more than one official record that was hidden. I noted that Bundy was working there long before records were released to me and provided documentation of that when I reached out to King County police from 2001 on and also to the FBI in 2011 and again in 2012. Both entities refused to give me a case number and told me essentially to go away.
The FBI report of 1992 and behind the scenes interagency meeting notes in 1989 also document a survivor of multiple kidnappings. Ted Bundy told them specifically he had left a living victim that he had used as a “dry run”. A dry run is against a target. I lined up in locations and characteristics and with memory fragments that matched EXACTLY specific locations as well as the original unredacted surveillance records of Bundy movements. I knew the locations of where he had been parking when stalking me as those locations are EXACT in the surveillance records which had never been released at the time. Even above that, I am the only victim surviving with huge amounts of evidence in their own files that support me.
The supporting documentation of my experiences back then is also in the street notes of detectives during the 1970s period that were released to me in 2015. It is noted that FBI knew a living victim of multiple abductions existed in the FBI files and documents. It is also apparent that back then the FBI and WA State officials believed everything Bundy told them never even evaluating forensics from autopsies that showed he was drugging and imbibing his victims and the emerging science in memory recovery that entirely supported my shattered and scattered memories as well as the detailed facts embedded within those memories. That is a critical point: regardless of how fragmented and scattered my memories were – they contained facts very specific never released which were proven by records behind the scenes and which correlated exactly to Bundy and his movements – including specific addresses. I was in close proximity to him for over four years.
Serial killers do make decisions about victims and they do let certain victims live for whatever their twisted minds deems is a reason. FBI has several cases in their files in which this has happened with other serials very similar to what happened with Bundy’s treatment of me as a repeat victim. In my case, Bundy was using me as a repeat victim knowing I had been imbibed and could not be a believable victim to authorities back then. Bundy had researched cop behavior back then in dealing with rape victims and he knew exactly what he was doing and how biased cops like Keppel were with regards to rape. Keppel always blamed the woman behind the scenes. Keppel laughed with Bundy in 1984 in the audiotapes about finding dead victims in the Green River. It was a time period where violence against women within the police department was not given much weight. But this bias continues to the present day in WA State and within the FBI, regardless of what they claim publicly as they continue to fail victims related to the Bundy cases even while they profit off their “documentaries” which are bogus.
In some cases, killers left living victims because they felt sorry for them. In my case again, this leaving me alive was only until the time Bundy left for Utah – after that, in the spring of 1974 he was actively trying to find me, abduct me and kill me. I couldn’t go to police, I could barely remember everything and I was very much afraid of him and his connections to cops because I KNEW about it back then though I did not know he was killing anyone or raping anyone other than me. It is called trauma bonding/stockholm syndrome. It is called terror. It is called being compromised as a victim because I was young, without family support [family was in the throes of an ugly divorce] and because Bundy was politically connected and justice system connected. He had the power and connections and I had none.
It’s not unusual for a victim who survives an ordeal like I did to have memory issues and Stockholm Syndrome and it happens and has happened in many cases including high profile cases already known. Some of these books and statements about Bundy cases being “comprehensive” and “fully evaluated” are not true at all and focus more on outlier types of information than the core files and documents that were withheld for decades. Crucial cases like Laura Aime who Bundy stalked in front of her friends and those friends could have identified him are NEVER talked about to the public in these so called documentaries put out by Keppel et al. Bundy kept Laura Aime alive for almost a week per the records and she was imbibed exactly like he’d done to me only in my case for hours. FBI is fully aware of it yet they never talk of her case. Nor that of Melissa Smith who he also kept alive for hours nor Roberta Parks who he also imbibed and kept alive for hours. Bundy was not traumatized. He tortured me and he tortured his victims.
Think about it: all the officials ever do is talk about who knew Bundy best and how many hours they spent with him and they market him extensively and have over the past several decades. They NEVER analyze the forensics in public discussions [such as Taylor Mountain evidence posted on this site cross correlated to Isssaquah evidence] not only in WA but in all states he was in and they purposely skirt important cases like Laura Aime’s where Bundy stalked her for nearly a month before the abduction and where there were eyewitnesses to him doing so. Eyewitnesses that could have identified him in a line up during a time when authorities had his name and location there in Utah and mountains of evidence against him in WA state. They essentially let him walk in WA and Utah.
They NEVER acknowledge me though they know I am telling the truth. You can’t go by what they say now in an effort to distract and diffuse their own guilt and errors and omissions in the public story. You have to look at the original evidence and the history of the case and how it was rolled out to media over the years to catch and understand all the underlying issues. You have to look at the relationships behind the scenes and how the story evolved and was controlled. The whole Bundy case files – everything – needs to be evaluated for corruption.
There are two parts to the following discussion: the first is an overview of several issues and events and the second part is a specific discussion of what Bundy did to me as a victim during the four years he stalked me and repeatedly kidnapped me.
My memories, time and date stamped preceded the records release to me by many years and are irrefutable proof of my experiences back then. The problem lies not with me as a survivor being able to be proven but with the officials who have lied about the case for decades. I could not have known of the sealed evidence and it is impossible to retrofit yourself into situations and locations decades later. I am that survivor Bundy talked of to authorities behind the scenes. The problem is that they never wanted the “she said” part of the story to be heard by the public as it raises questions about the conduct of the authorities and their interpretation of the case.
Bundy was imbibing his victims before killing them in many instances especially those he planned to keep for a period of time before killing. He did it to me. He didn’t carry a bottle of wine in the car so he could drink and get his courage up to kill as Ann Rule and others such as Keppel have implied – he carried it so he could force his victim to drink until plied with enough alcohol to be of little threat to him – either to struggle or to remember. That is what he did to me, releasing me into party situations [overflow party areas outside during darkness] or on dark streets about a block from home when I could hardly walk and my staggering and slurring would not be perceived as an assault but rather part of the party atmosphere of the 70s. Additionally, his victims, those officials found he kept, and have autopsies of, did have imbibing showing in their autopsy reports – one had alcohol poisoning and she had been kept for a week. His confessions about victims other than Hawkins also imply that imbibing and alcohol were part of his interaction with them before they were killed.
This imbibing is part of the reason I have and have had trouble with shattered memories. Supporting the imbibing is forensic evidence: A thermos was found near a skull at Taylor Mountain, chemical bottles were found at both of Bundy’s WA kill sites, snug ties implying possible bondage, a lean to implying a place to keep a victim secured and alive for awhile including the presence of abandoned homes near each site, autopsies which show imbibing, Bundy’s statements behind the scenes to authorities that he did in fact have the girls he kept drink [imbibing] before killing them and his remarks to Keppel in 1984 that the Green River killer may have used imbibing to “take the edge off”. Keppel never even processed it. I am convinced that Keppel’s only direction in all of this was laser focused on how to insert himself into it as a “super cop” [talked to with Bundy in 1984] for his own personal profit. I also believe he wanted to blame the victims, or women in general, putting out to media the notion that Bundy was traumatized due to a girlfriend when the reality was that Bundy was a predator.
I am the only surviving multiple kidnap victim of Bundy I know of that has multiple documents to support my statements and memories that contained details of the case that had never been publicly released. Sealing away critical evidence in a homicide series of investigations when a potentially important surviving victim and witness is coming forward is called Spoilation of Evidence. It is also considered corruption and I question whether it is a violation of the law for obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence. The movement of documents into a sealed area was occurring in 1981 [ordered destruction of files] and 1999 as well as 2012 per internal memos released to me. WA State [also per internal memos] ordered evidence destroyed and failed to protect other evidence critical to the cases.
Sara: Ted Bundy Victim [high school, 1972]
I resembled closely Laura Aime, Georgann Hawkins, and other Utah victims and WA State victims – Laura Aime was the same age I had been and she had a very similar haircut and his actions towards her per witnesses were very similar to what he did to me per witnesses of that time period whose testimony was suppressed. I resembled several other victims and so did my friends at the time – eerily so. I also knew Georgann Hawkins as a friend and he parked outside of my apartment window which faced the alley behind the Theta house the night he abducted her – he had been stalking me for months and was parking there regularly at night as the parking spot was hidden from view by a large bush that shielded the spot from the alley and it was away from the main street. He even mentioned this location exactly to authorities and questioned them whether anyone had “seen him” that night – there was a reason for it – he had parked outside of my window. This location is mentioned in Keppel’s book “Riverman” at the beginning as being described by Ted and then by the end of his book Keppel shifts it entirely to a different location. I’d like to know where that statement of Ted is as it confirms my experiences back then. Keppel was given private ownership of the Bundy cases when he joined the AG office of WA State in 1981 and I’d also like to know why this isn’t considered corruption. He also published “Riverman” a book with multiple falsehoods in it for personal profit while working at AG Office and still employed as a public servant and he profited off the case while the missing girls’ cases and the skeletal remains of Taylor Mountain were NEVER worked or sent for DNA verification. That did not happen until 2005 with results in 2008 confirming the skeletal remains [and no decapitation] were found at Taylor Mountain in 1975 [Keppel had assigned numbers to these bones on site in 1975 and that allows them to be followed over the years and proves Keppel had knowledge way back then that skeletal remains had indeed been found and publicly lied about it]. Keppel also asked to get in touch with Bundy in 1980 after meeting with Michaud and Aynesworth something he felt his superiors would agree to. Then shortly thereafter he moved to the AG Office and gained control of the case denying the evidence of Taylor Mountain for decades. What happened between the years 1980 to 1984 when Keppel stepped in to take over the Green River investigation? Why was my case suppressed to the point that I was being threatened if I dared come forward or speak out? Why was I defamed, belittled and ridiculed by Keppel and others while no one, absolutely no one, actually ever investigated anything of what I was saying? It was highly discriminatory, personally devastating and to me a case of witness intimidation. I can document all of this.
Stalking wasn’t anything we knew about in college back then – in my experience anyway I had no idea what the term meant nor the dangers – I knew I was in danger personally but kept silent out of fear of retaliation and out of fear of not being believed or supported as the stalking had gone on for years and his initial rape of me in high school was violent – I didn’t have a solid base of friends who’d known me a long time as new to the WA area and my family was dysfunctional and in the throes of a bitter divorce battle between the parents. Ted intimidated me by an initial rape when I was new to the area and just 16 in high school, by an apology for it pretending it was “not intentional” and he was a “friend” and by using his psychology training to constantly keep me off balance, afraid of him, unsure of myself and my own instincts for nearly four years. He is noted in my yearbook as me knowing him. It may be part of the reason my memories are so shattered and scattered and out of alignment initially though some of that was due to repeated head trauma. When Bundy was free in the summer of 1975 one of his actions was to try and find my room mate who had lived with me in that apartment that was behind the Theta house. He was looking for me. Her family reported his coming to their home but the police never followed up. Again, that is another tie back to me and my statements.
The following is a summary of what he did to me: This is the “she said” of the story — behind the scenes I’ve been accused as being “consensual” and discounted as only wanting publicity and publicly denounced as a survivor by Keppel and Rule and others – but they had their own agendas and reasons to protect their own theories especially Keppel who has misrepresented this series of Bundy cases for years…his story in Riverman and for decades is fraudulent. I’ve been coming forward to authorities for two decades asking for their help in closing a few cases that I know to be associated to his stalking of me.
Bundy was a serial killer – not unlike any other; there are other serial killers who left surviving victims that they held in their possession even while killing other victims. It’s a fact. Robert Hanson of Alaska told investigators he had released a few victims who convinced him that they would never tell. The toy box killer released a victim that he used more than once. Other serial killers, including Bundy, used imbibing with alcohol or drugs to incapacitate victims and/or lessen their ability to testify or to be believed. That is what Bundy did to me over that four year period and he even called out the imbibing and/or drugging to Keppel and Reichert in the 1984 interview as something that Ridgeway may have done. Neither cop followed up on it – but Keppel especially never put the pieces together even though he had access to many documents which ran counter to his publicly stated theories.
Why serial killers release a victim, or why Bundy chose to release me over and over, is a choice the killer makes and the victim has nothing at all to do with it. He specifically told investigators behind the scenes he’d been releasing a victim [releasing is the term used in the behind the scenes reports –the action of release indicates capture -you don’t release someone who is consensual – release implies by its nature captivity].
Why a killer releases one victim and kills another is anybody’s guess – their reasons are their own – perhaps to toy with the life of one victim or perhaps to not have to kill a victim knowing that the victim is so traumatized they are of little risk. I know there is a quote by Bundy in one of the books or programs where he states that he was picking up a female to commit an “act of rape” and releasing her to avoid having to kill. I found this long after the memories were returning and I don’t remember now where I saw it. I don’t know for sure what Bundy’s motivation was with letting me live for the short term but he was trying to kill me during the summer of 1974 to summer of 1976 when I ran away from him, dropping out of school, and suffering severe trauma and shock. In Bundy’s case and in thinking of the years he stalked me from high school on, I wonder about his statement to the FBI about going on a “dry run” and “releasing” a victim. I never knew of it but it lines up to my experiences and my memories predate the records by many years. I also question the FBI and its continued efforts to silence me – because that is what they’ve done and continue to do. I am speaking out now against them. Their early profile of Bundy as “traumatized” and “mysterious” and “leaving no evidence” was entirely wrong, appears to be fabricated, and did not match the actual evidence in their possession so why the lies?
Bundy’s actions towards me were driven by his own pathology and I was a victim of that pathology with no control or say in any of it. I suffered tremendously back then and hid it from everyone – largely because I could not remember. I had head injuries and he was drugging me in captivity. My memories, the few I have left that are shattered and scattered, are time and date stamped and they provide irrefutable proof as they line up to the sealed evidence including detailed statements of an abandoned home near the kill sites, the drugging, the sequencing of rape events, where he parked, where he worked, and what cars he drove before 1973. My symptoms of severe PTSD documented are also irrefutable proof that my experiences were real – the memories were shattered, broken like glass and out of order – scattered and out of alignment – these symptoms are common not only to severe trauma but also to moderate to severe head injury. Some of the areas of memory still are though the progression of what happened and overall is now much clearer than what it was over 20 years ago.
Overview of my experiences: Entirely supported by the original sealed case records
- Bundy did not constantly hit his victims while in captivity – at least he did not do that to me. Bundy used drugging and alcohol imbibing in WA State just as he did in Utah and that is supported in my memories going back to 2001 as well as what was found on site in Issaquah and Taylor Mountain. He was using drugs and alcohol on me during the time I was held incapacitated – I was NEVER not bound during captures; only unbound right before release when I could barely walk and could hardly remember anything but bits and pieces and felt like I was coming out of a surgery. One time I was even hanging on his car door to keep upright when he released me on a street. It was terrifying as all I could do was concentrate as hard as I could on walking as I was afraid if I fell or couldn’t walk away he would change his mind and I didn’t know what he’d do if he changed his mind. In his interview with WA State officials in prison in 1984 related to the Green River killer’s ability to keep victims under control Bundy makes the following comment, “…maybe he’s using drugs to sort of take the edge off any retaliation and you asked….I’m sure you’ve looked at their autopsies to determine that and even that is not conclusive…” Interesting comment in that Bundy had drugs in Utah that he showed Liz, I complained of it since 2001 when that memory came back and the autopsy reports of at least one of his victims in Utah showed the use of alcohol to imbibe her – she had alcohol poisoning. This is a very important part of Bundy’s MO when girls were once within his possession and I believe it is at least part of the reason he would release me so he could recapture me periodically – he knew I wouldn’t be able to report him because I was imbibed or drugged during the capture and assaults. He worked with a medical supply company – he was actively thinking about his killing and using every resource at his disposal including manipulating friendships and allies. The rape paper he wrote also details the use of alcohol to lessen the ability of a victim to speak out against her rapist. He was reported for rape in 1972 and the woman reported him for rape to police and they, including Keppel, didn’t believe her as she was imbibed. Something Bundy did on purpose. But in my opinion also after these past two decades that is typical of Keppel….he blames the victim and the woman and that is evident by his comments behind the scenes and the scenario he promoted that if Bundy was killing he had to be traumatized by a girlfriend or a woman even though Bundy specifically told Keppel in 1984 the actions of a serial killer are driven by possession and not any specific trauma.
- He hit me on the head during the initial capture of me, usually coming up on me from behind; but once I was in his possession I was bound and/or restrained until release and I was never fully aware. He also could have used a chokehold on me to cause a blackout as there were a few times where people who knew me saw bruising about the neck and back of the neck and thought I had been beat up on a “date”. A few times he did hit me on the head while in captivity if I came to and jolted all of a sudden or if I was coming out of the unconsciousness state and was trying to stand or get away. It was all about control and hitting me once I was restrained and contained during capture, at least by memory, seemed to me by feelings associated to those memories, to be done out of anger and containment of me or out of frustration. I was young and active back then and metabolized any drugs [even antibiotics] rapidly. His dosing of me didn’t always work the way he intended. He also brought me out when there was activity he wanted to do and he needed me to be semi-aware of it and able to be responsive. But I never had control ever – and I was never free, never unbound, until I was eventually released – and there was never any talking. It was always silent. He never told me ahead of time what he was going to do – he just did it. I was never fully aware of all that happened to me when I was released – I could barely walk and my memory was severely impacted.
- I was in and out of consciousness nearly all the time while held by him and bathed and wrapped in blankets to revive me at times. I remember feeling the blood in my forearms being ice cold. It makes me wonder if I was in shock and he was bathing me to revive me or to try and eliminate evidence. The capture location is hazy at best but I remember a lot of wood, bare sparse furnishings, very little lighting and it smelled musty. This is all in the memory bits and pieces that were given to authorities over the years. It lines up to abandoned homes that were found near each of Bundy’s kill sites in WA. Bundy kept several of us in captivity for several hours if not days – in my case, hours. Some victims were kept in WA and some in Utah that are documented in the records. He didn’t keep heads and decapitate victims as officials tried to claim over the years – he kept bodies at one time in his closet. Bodies drained of blood. Again the lies by officials. All of this information I am putting on this site is something they’ve had in their possession the whole time. He told FBI he was repeatedly picking up a woman and releasing her to test his skills and as a dry run. That is evidence of a survivor of multiple kidnappings – I had been coming forward with shattered memories for two decades. My memories date and time stamped going back years refer over and over to loss of consciousness while in captivity and to his actions with me as a victim which included bathing and repeated types of sexual assault which were very repetitive and organized in terms of progression and what he did and how he did it. It was ritualistic. Autopsy reports on a Utah victim show that she also had been bathed and kept for days – another Utah victim was held overnight and another victim from Oregon held overnight. My memory was correct in that regard – it surfaced before I had the records.
- Records sealed away for decades support me in the above statements. There was no decapitation in either of Bundy’s WA sites that were found and to my knowledge no decapitation of victims in Utah – and I doubt, based on the actual case files, if there was ever necrophilia. His intent to me, having lived through it multiple times, was to keep the victim alive somewhere secured, out of view, and immobilized by drugging or imbibing. There were times when the girl abducted was not drugged or imbibed but bound – such as the ski instructor in Utah per the behind the scene record – but in my case and at least three other cases never publicly discussed we were bound and forcibly imbibed with alcohol or drugs. I personally was never held captive long enough to arouse alarm in terms of a police notification but I came close to it. I was also never fully conscious during all of it and I was released in a manner where my slurring and staggering would be perceived as part of a party atmosphere and not as anything suspicious. There were abandoned homes near each site in WA. These homes were searched, red matter collected from basement walls as evidence and sent forward as evidence – yet Bundy was never charged and this evidence was never worked and denied as existing in the public story where much was made of Bundy being “traumatized by his girlfriend” and leaving no evidence – none of this is true.
- Small bottles were found at the sites of both Issaquah and Taylor Mountain where the victims were found [skeletal remains] – at Issaquah they are noted as small bottles and at Taylor Mountain they are noted as chemical bottles. There was NO decapitation at either site but there was evidence of animal activity and scattered remains. Liz found him with a date rape drug in Utah and that is in her book. A thermos is found by a skull, snug tie and rope, chemical bottles and skeletal remains of girls are found – all suggesting strongly that imbibing and bondage had occurred at his kill site of Taylor Mountain. It was NOT a dumping ground as Keppel claimed over the years….any investigator worth anything would have known that.
- There was evidence of the killer on site at each location and evidence of potential bondage and that the victims had been kept alive possibly for at least awhile. At Taylor Mountain a lean-to had been found, a thermos, food wrappers, chemical bottles and girls’ clothing including bras. Further, some of the clothing items collected at Taylor Mountain and sent forward to Superior Court of WA were nearly identical in description to what a few of the girls were wearing. And the large amount of evidence clearly showed a long period of criminal murder activity. At Taylor Mountain a thermos was found in close proximity to a skull. Bundy dressed me in outfits while in captivity. I don’t know for sure what they were, I believe one was some kind of teddy but I do remember being dressed and undressed while semi-conscious.
- In the autopsies of victims in Utah, there was evidence of plying with alcohol and one victim at least per autopsy was shown to have alcohol poisoning and she’d been held for several days in his possession. There was evidence of bathing per a victim autopsy in Utah, something I had been stating for years before that information had been released. There were abandoned homes nearby – I question whether they were ever thoroughly checked for evidence that the missing girls had been held there. My memories clearly included a location that “smelled musty” and this had been stated years before the records were released to me. Evidence of bondage, evidence of drugging or alcohol [even bongs which raise suspicions of marijuana use something Ted was known to do]. A lean to was found in addition to the homes. And then there are the multiple witness statements that Ted knew the area well as far back as 1971 and 1972 and that by his own admission he was “sick” before he met Liz in 1969 and he “acted on it” in 1971, 1972, 1973. In fact in one of those witness statements the person described Bundy driving with him past the exact entrance to the Taylor Mountain kill site in 1972. These are all in the original case files and they corroborate each other as do the official findings of those searches of Taylor Mountain and Issaquah. Bundy dressed me in clothing while I was bound and in captivity and I have vague memories of it described in detail to Ann Rule and to authorities and they did nothing with it.
- My experiences that I had been coming forward with were mirroring what he’d done to victims in Utah and WA State knew it. He had been using me as a repeat victim, toying with my life and releasing me in a state of awakening where I was unable to remember what had happened to me and barely able to walk and the release of me was always at night and around parties where people would think my stumbling was due to alcohol and not due to kidnapping and sexual assault. Bundy told Hagmaier behind the scenes that he was picking up a woman and releasing her unharmed but he never named the person – that is documented in the original transcripts: it was me and I wasn’t a woman but a girl of only 16 when it started and 19 when in spring of 1974 I began fearing for my life and was already suffering from severe rape trauma, stalking trauma and PTSD. WA State had the autopsy reports from Utah, they knew the specifics, they knew there was a survivor somewhere and they knew all the evidence found at Taylor Mountain including skeletal remains. My locations lined up; my characteristics and proximity lined up; my memories time and date stamped matched the sealed records. And above all, the officials KNEW there had been a survivor of multiple rapes.
- Bundy was known to have weapons. Contrary to what has been put forward by WA State, he was known to have a knife and had been reported to have a gun by at least one witness who was credible at the time. He also used a weapon for strangulation. That strangulation type of weapon was found in Utah at the crime scenes of at least two victims and is documented in their autopsy reports. That specific type of strangulation weapon was taken into custody in the spring/summer of 1975 by WA State officials and forwarded to the Superior Court – it was taken and recorded as coming from Bundy. Evidence at the scenes also showed weapons. He used imbibing to control and weapons to control. The weapons he used were denied as existing when he was discussed to the public for the past few decades – the clothing and other evidence found at the crime scenes of Taylor and Tiger mountain which could have been from unknown victims was NEVER acknowledged and thrown away and the officials gave false accountings of that time period.
- A knife sheath was found on site in WA State at one location. An oriental knife was reported as stolen in WA State the summer of 1973 and then returned and the person implicated was Bundy. There was a knife sheath found at one of the WA Sites. There were gun shell casings found at Taylor Mountain and witness statements that gun shots were heard in that area. Victims had evidence of wounds in very specific spots in their anatomy when found – their skeletons showed these wounds. A weapon had been used on them, more than strangulation. Strangulation also was done not manually but with a weapon used for that purpose– a very specific type that is noted in the records as found in Utah and also one was found in WA State. That ligature weapon was taken into custody in spring or summer of 1975 in WA State and associated to Bundy. It matched by description a similar ligature noted with at least one Utah victim. And the person who noted went on to work with the FBI. Coincidence? Again the correlations – WA State had the evidence and failed to act. This is never discussed publicly.
- I told a person connected to this case that I had an unnatural fear of knives long before I received the records which verified weapons associations to Bundy.
- Bundy talked behind the scenes to authorities about a woman [I was a girl of 16 when this all started] that he had been kidnapping and releasing to test his skills. These statements are in the original transcripts and had been given to the FBI. I was that woman [only I was just a girl] and I line up to the case in over 50 points of reference, characteristics and proximity and locations over four years. I also have documented lifelong internal injuries that correlate to Bundy’s known assaults on other victims. Behind the scenes Keppel and FBI blamed me for my own suffering and trauma, taking Bundy’s side of events and even telling me that my abductions were “consensual”. They compounded the trauma and the suffering I was feeling for years. They failed to thoroughly and objectively evaluate the information I was providing and they continued to release to media a constant stream of lies and misinformation about how thorough they were and how “mysterious” Bundy was.
- I had been stating for years that he had been surveilling my parents’ home, that we’d had things stolen, including pots and pans which were expensive and a set of such pots and pans was noticed by Liz and also was found at Bundy’s apartment in Utah. Bundy was known to surveille some of his victims before abducting them and entering their homes ahead of time clandestinely. I could not have known of this back in 2001 when I started coming forward. This pots and pans correlation is again an important one given that my parents’ home, where these were stolen from, was only about a mile from Bundy’s parents in Tacoma and they were stolen in the summer of 1974 the same time that he moved to Utah and where Liz saw them at his apartment.
- Records sealed away indicate that Bundy may have been researching victims he took in 1974 earlier than 1974. Evidence shows that there was activity in Linda Healy’s area within a few doors of where she lived before she disappeared. There were break in attempts at several locations on young girls and one time it was called in to the police to come out as there were fingerprints on the window ledge that could have been collected but they did not come out. There was activity in that area noted by police as far back as 1973. There were over 50 girls missing and murdered or unidentified in a three county area around King County during the early years of the 1970s and one of those girls was found at a lake only 10 miles from the trail head of Taylor Mountain where Bundy’s kill site of 1975 was found. How many of these sites had he been developing? We’ll never know since they violated public trust and contaminated the evidence and destroyed evidence and lied about evidence. Bundy was calling me in the fall of 1970 when I was 16 y/o and stalking me and actively making attempts to kidnap me [using both the phone to develop “friendship” and lure and also using stalking methods]. He wasn’t new at it when this started with me. I knew exactly the car he had been driving and described it in my memories – a card which is documented in records never publicly released. I was telling police and Rule this in emails which document time and date stamp and I was doing so long before the records release to me and at a time when everything I was saying contradicted Keppel’s public story. In looking back I wonder how Bundy found out some things about me, how he knew where I lived, how he knew where I would be sometimes. He was experienced. It is so important that my experiences back then be believed and independently and objectively worked as I was frequently in locations where he killed [known victims] and there are girls missing but never solved in locations I had been in when he was stalking me. I can’t prove that it was him but my gut instinct based on all that happened to me over those escalating four years makes me realize, now that the broken memories are back as much as they ever will be, that what I know and experienced is very important. Keppel knew of these missing girls in other counties as he had the records of that time period but these records were with the Seattle police and he was with King County and there were some political competitive issues between these jurisdictions back then that make me wonder whether the Bundy cases were compromised in WA State long before the 1974 series of disappearing girls began. But Keppel seized an opportunity and he politicized it more by gaining control of the cases and limiting the scope of the cases and misleading the interpretation of the evidence and doing it all I believe now with the blessing of the FBI. I think they were involved. But it doesn’t excuse the lies perpetuated over the years, the lack of preservation of the crime scenes of Issaquah, Taylor and Tiger Mountain and the preservation of the evidence including the remains of unidentified victims. The clothing found at Bundy’s kill sites carelessly discarded and other items thrown away could have been evidence of other young women killed there not only from WA but from other counties and even other states. That these faces of the case continue to profit on lies at the expense of justice for these unknown victims and the quality and preservation of the case as a whole is a travesty of justice.
- And then on top of all of this, you have the political ramifications of a serial killer being embedded into the justice system of at least 2 states [WA and Utah] and developing friendships with the very people who would be trying to solve his murders and find him. He was forming friendships in the legal, justice and political system of WA and also in Utah. How fortunate for him that so much evidence was destroyed or “lost” so that his real total will never be actually known. It may not have ever been anyway, but there were many girls thrown away with that evidence whose voices for justice are now forever silenced by the very justice system that should have been working to protect them even in death. Records suggest strongly that Georgann Hawkins was found during the initial searches and that her remains were either “lost” or deliberately thrown away and yet for decades WA State has denied this without any consideration of her family. Keppel even mentions this to Bundy in the unredacted original conversation in 1989. There are multiple references to it in other documents and there are multiple references to human remains and skeletal remains by search and rescue teams who were present on Taylor and Tiger Mountains.
- For specific correlations related to locations I lived in, my movements during the four years 1970 to 1974 and 1974 to 1976 please see that blog post.
Some may feel at this point it is a lost cause to revisit Bundy cases but the truth is, it is very important. The evidence sealed away raises questions about policy and procedure and cases that are still open in WA State and elsewhere that are not closed. WA State issued an edict stating that only DNA would be considered in 2011 but DNA would degrade in any remnant of a site or remains and evidence found now unless it was in a property room and WA State made sure that would never happen when they ordered evidence to be thrown away per internal memo. Per the records there is not much that remains. In other states and cases forensic science has advanced to the point where DNA is only a tool – there are many other types of forensic science in use and if evidence in the Bundy cases had been preserved and protected as well as the case information then the unsolved cases around him could have been worked effectively.
WA State has continued to silence me over the years, coming in behind media, attorneys and other even while it puts out its false narrative. But there is a story here…and it is very important to the understanding of what Bundy did to victims while he held them in captivity during those years 1970 to 1974 because that is what he did to me and it started not in 1974 but in 1970 when I was 16. That activity in 1970 is also supported by the records that were in WA State possession and which should have been worked. He stalked me continually for four years, he abducted me, he followed me out of state and around WA State and he killed someone I knew. He terrorized me to the depths of my being and it took me decades, absolutely decades, to even begin to heal. He was active and he was experienced when he started in on me.
He was active as a killer and rapist long before 1974. Not only was he raping me during that early time period but records show he had been reported for rape by another woman in 1972 and that he was already using the imbibing with alcohol at that time. That imbibing too was in my memories and earliest recollections of him in 1972. Our statements support each other even though I never knew of her nor she of me and even though I’ve never met her. I knew what car he was driving in 1971 [never released] and I knew other important details never released. These cases should have been worked. There may have been another kill site in WA that was never found because officials stopped looking. There was the body of a young girl found at Echo Lake, earlier than 1974, who was never identified and that location is only 10 miles from the Taylor Mountain trail head. The authorities have damaged this case beyond belief. It is tragic. I don’t know if Bundy killed her but he was active before 1974 and to deny that is not only counter intuitive to solving cases, but is callous to the many girls whose cases are not solved – in three counties alone in the early 1970s there were 58 girls missing and murdered and cases not solved per the records.
I started this blog to reach out to the public because the issues of this case are critically important to the health of our justice system: it’s bigger than Bundy. This cover up needs to be public discussion because it is a case which can create changes in the laws and accountability of agencies like AG Offices and the FBI. I wrote to the FBI and to the DOJ begging them to investigate it and they responded to me that they were not going to do it as it “wasn’t their area or responsibility”. So whose responsibility is it to investigate internal corruption? Abuse of power is abuse of vulnerable victims. [see that blog post] I am grateful to everyone who reads my blogs and reaches out to me or who writes to authorities to obtain justice in these cases. To me the faces of this case who have perpetuated lies to the public and failed the girls represented by the evidence they threw away and destroyed need to be held accountable. I need your voice to stand up for the victims – not just me but the girls who were unknown at those kill sites as evidenced by unidentified remains and multiple items of clothing and jewelry that they callously turned their backs on…
They were somebody’s children….